Cease and Desist Letter
Legal Guide -
What is a cease and desist letter and do you need one?
A cease and desist letter is a formal notice sent to an individual or a business to stop a certain activity.
You should always have a cease and desist letter if:
- You are being harassed by debt collectors;
- Your copyright or trademark is being infringed;
- You are a victim of harassment;
- You have been defamed or slandered;
- You just want to generally demand an activity or conduct to stop.
Other name for cease and desist letter:
- Demand letter.
What does the cease and desist letter cover?
- Your rights (that you own the materials);
- The party violating your rights;
- Demanding for a certain conduct to stop;
- Warns that if the activity continues, there may be resulting legal consequences.
If you want to learn more about cease and desist letter, customizing legal documents, establishing your company, Plato’s electronic signature service - or if you’d like a fixed fee quote from Indonesia’s best pre-vetted lawyers, for your specific budget and legal needs - contact the Plato team today at +62 21 2988 7964!