Circular Resolutions of Shareholders
Legal Guide -
What is a circular resolution of shareholders and do you need one?
A circular resolution of shareholders is a documented resolution of shareholders signed by the shareholders of a company. Provisions of Article 91 of Indonesian company law or UUPT allows shareholders of a company to adopt resolutions in circular resolutions, the resolution shall have the same validity and legal effect as any resolutions adopted at any general meetings of shareholders of a company, subject to Art. 91 of the UUPT.
You should have a circular resolution of shareholders if:
- You are proposing resolutions and outcome of those resolutions;
- Your shareholders (with voting rights) cannot attend a general meeting of shareholders and all of the shareholders (with voting rights) are willing to sign the circular resolution of shareholders.
What does the circular resolution of shareholders cover?
- Company name;
- Shareholders name and address;
- Details of shares owned by each of the shareholders;
- Resolutions proposed and outcomes of these resolutions.
If you want to learn more about circular resolution of shareholders, customizing legal documents, establishing your company, Plato’s electronic signature service - or if you’d like a fixed fee quote from Indonesia’s best pre-vetted lawyers, for your specific budget and legal needs - contact the Plato team today at +62 21 2988 7964!